World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg until well blended
flour, baking soda, and salt together. (You can do it right on top of
the wet ingredients, mixing the soda and salt into the flour a little
with a dry spoon before mixing the flour into the wet ingredients.)
wet and dry ingredients together until well blended. The dough is very
dry and stiff, and it may seem as though it is too dry to combine, but
it will come together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Put rounded spoonfuls of dough on a cool cookie sheet a few
for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are just beginning to brown. For best
results, use one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven.
- Cool 2 to 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer
cookies to a cooling rack.
Get more information, including tips to make your cookies turn out just
right, visit www.squidoo.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/.